Jobs at Kraydel
Kraydel was founded by a group of people with first-hand experience of the challenges faced by elderly people and their carers, and with the background in hardware, software and product design, to know that we could do something about it. In the last few years technologies such as cloud computing, the Internet-of-Things, machine learning and low cost processors have made it, not just possible to address these challenges, but to do it cost-effectively for both individual family members and professional care providers.
Our team spans many skills: mechanical design, hardware and circuit design, embedded software, networking, application software, cloud computing, usability, machine learning and AI. But we need help. We’re looking for smart engineers, who want to work in the dynamic (sometimes scary) world of a start-up with big ideas. People who already have a core set of skills but want to learn new things. People who are more focused on long term success than the biggest pay cheque for the least effort. We’re building out a team in Belfast and one in London and we’re looking for people with skills and interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Embedded Linux – no getting away from it, that’s what we’re building on, so you have to love it.
- Machine Learning – we want to do some really cool stuff with stuff like Tensorflow, Movidius etc.
- Video – our product will support multi-party video calls, sending video clips etc.
- Audio – our product will be able to classify household noises while ignoring sounds from TVs etc.
- Hardware engineering – we’re designing our own carrier and sensor boards, and putting it into a really neat little box to sit on top of a TV
- Support – our partners will be care providers such as domiciliary care, retirement homes, assisted living, and we’ll sell to consumers too – all non-technical people who will need friendly expert technical support.
- Quality Assurance – both software and physical device. It’s a sophisticated product with lots of features – testing will need to be automated and fast.
- Dev Ops – once deployed our product has to be available 99.999% of the time – people will be counting on it. And it has to grow – very very big. 500,000 live devices in 5 years!
- Big Data and Analytics – we’re gathering a large amount of behavioural information and we want to use that to identify both urgent issues, and trends that indicate a timely intervention could prevent an issue.
If you join our team you will be working with some incredibly smart people… and me… but mostly incredibly smart people: people who have chosen to do this and not just ended up here.
If you’re interested in talking to us about a role, email us a short resume.